mod_mcpage is a lighttpd module using libmemcached to store and retrieve dynamically generated pages using memcached. The 1.5 version can also cache local files in memcached.
Links to the latest versions of the mod_mcpage patches and the README file will be available on this page. These patches are generated against the 1.4 and 1.5 svn branches. Instructions for downloading and building lighttpd from svn are available from the lighttpd docs.
- README.mod_mcpage-1.5 (also the README.mod_mcpage for the 1.4 patch, which is currently a ways out of sync with the 1.5 patch): Explains how to install the patches and what options you can set in the configuration file.
- Latest patch for lighttpd 1.5 svn
- Latest patch for lighttpd 1.4 svn (not all 1.5 changes have been merged back in)
- Latest tarball, currently with only the 1.5 patch, README, etc.
- This module works well for me running Daily Kos, but may or may not work well for you.
- At the moment, the 1.5 changes for handling local files still need to be merged back into the 1.4 patch. The 1.4 patch still caches dynamic content just fine.
- It is, of course, a work in progress, and it’s still missing some features. Latest summary of progress
If you have questions or comments, please email me at jeremy -at- dailykos dot com.
NB: This page is out of date, but placed here for now for historical reasons. When it’s updated, a link will be provided.