I noticed yesterday that all of the sudden, that little thing on the side that lists my github repos quit working. I updated my octopress sources to match the current master, but that failed to fix the problem.
Googling around a little, I saw that Github end-of-lifed v1 and v2 of their API yesterday, which promptly broke the Github repo thing in Octopress. Fortunately you can get the same general information from the new API, but it requires some code changes. I’ll make an issue with this on Octopress’ Github issue tracker, but in the meantime, this diff, in handy gist form, will fix your sidebar thing.
After applying the patch, regenerate your site and redeploy.
Update: As you can see in the issue I filed with Octopress, this Github API issue has already been fixed in 2.1. However, this diff will still work for the current version anyway.
Update again: Per a comment on the gist above, another line had to be changed to make it work correctly. I’m not sure if something changed subtly on Github’s end, or if I just managed to not notice before, but it’s fixed now in any case.comments powered by Disqus