It actually works pretty well, but I’d still like to unify the 1.4 and 1.5 versions of it. The plugin interface changed between the versions, so they work pretty differently now, but the gist is the same. The preliminary patch is here: mod_mcpage-0.90.5-1.5-svn.patch.
It has all of the functionality of the 1.4 version, plus:
- FILE_CHUNK now supported (aka local files).
- Content compressed by the backend will now be passed through correctly.
- Works with 1.5.
To do still:
- Make the module non-blocking.
- Add checks to not try and load objects larger than 1MB (or larger, if you’ve redefined that limit in memcached) into memcached.
- Option to md5 keys would be nice still.
- Option to store expires times in memcached along with everything else would be handy.
- Need to add a check to keep the module from appending the beginning of the file twice if mod_deflate is not turned on.
- Needs mimetype checking for compression.
- Should also do mimetype sniffing to make sure it doesn’t recklessly append debugging comments to binary data (or take that out entirely).
This remains, as always, a work in progress.